The North Annville genealogy project contains selected families from North Annville Township in Lebanon County, Pennsylvania, from the early-1800s through the mid-1900s. The database is an extension of my own Reese-Schaffner genealogy research. This site is created and maintained by me as a personal non-commercial website without any advertisements or affiliate links.
Traditional genealogy research usually traces a tree of ancestry for a particular person or enumerates the descendants of a particular ancestor. However, the North Annville project is more of a horizontal genealogy, concerned with the connections between families. It is not intended to create comprehensive ancestry or descendancy charts, but rather to provide an appreciation for the familial ties of our ancestors.
The primary reference point is the federal censuses from 1850 onward. Other than my own family, I do not do research on earlier records, unless those records are available online. Through my research I have discovered that many of the people that I knew from my youth — including neighbors, friends, classmates and teachers — are actually related to me. Perhaps you can find some unexpected relatives, too.
Table of Contents
- The North Annville Genealogy Database
- Historical Background of North Annville Township
- Some notes about Census Records
- Churches of North Annville
- Schools of North Annville
- North Annville Today
- Union Canal and the Water Works
- Water Works After the Canal
- St John’s Church at Steelstown
- Water Works United Methodist Church
- Water Works Cemetery
- Kauffmans Church Cemetery
- Bellegrove North Cemetery
- Prominent Ancestors
- North Annville Links
To offer additions, corrections, or clarifications, please use the Reply Box.