The first church in the area, Hill Lutheran Church, was organized in 1733 as Evangelisch Lutherische Gemeinde an der Quitobehöhle [Evangelical Lutheran Church on the Quittapahilla], and is the oldest institution in Lebanon County.
The published history of the church notes that it pre-dates the town of Annville and, indeed, the cities of Lebanon, Reading, and Harrisburg. Hill Church was home to two congregations — the Lutheran Church and the Reformed Church.
By 1770, a Mennonite community was established in North Annville at Kauffman’s Meeting House on land provided by Frederick Kauffman. In the 1850s the congregation split, and a United Brethren church was erected on the same property. Bishop Jacob Dohner took his Mennonite followers and built a new meeting house near the Water Works.
Around this same time four more churches were established in North Annville — Christ Lutheran Church at Bellegrove, St. John’s United Evangelical (now Evangelical Congregational) Church at Steelstown, and two more United Brethren (now United Methodist) churches at the Water Works and Bellegrove. In 1903, the Reformed Church erected their own building within sight of the old Hill Church. The Annville United Zion Church is also located in North Annville Township. Most recently, the North Annville Bible Church was organized and erected a church at the west end of Hill Church Road.