By the latter half of the 1800s, North Annville had as many as nine one-room schoolhouses, which continued operation into the 1940s and 1950s. Here are the names of the schools and the last teacher who taught them:
- Clear Spring School (Irvin H. Meyer 1945 – 1954)
- Fairview School (Mrs. Henry Schmalzer 1946 – 1947)
- Laurel Grove School (J. Vernal Ellenberger 1945 – 1954)
- South Bellegrove School (Mrs. Harold Light 1951 – 1954)
- North Bellegrove School (J. Vernal Ellenberger 1937)
- Shady Grove School (Cora Horst 1953 – 1954)
- Herr School at Water Works (Esther M. Tice 1945 – 1954)
- Meyersville School (Irvin C. Meyer 1945 – 1947)
- Franklin School (Mrs. Martin Gockley 1948 – 1952)
A recent publication (see below) about the one-room schools of Lebanon County features many photographs of the North Annville schools and their students. Most of the students who appear in the photos up to 1940 also appear in the North Annville genealogy database. In 1955, the township opened the consolidated North Annville Township Elementary School. Some of the former one-room school buildings have been converted into residences. Over the last fifty years, the North Annville school has taught children from Kindergarten through Sixth Grade as part of the Annville-Cleona (formerly Annville) School District. In recent times, the school has undergone renovation and re-assignment and, for a time, housed the Second and Third Grade students for the entire district. By 2011, dwindling student population led to the closure of the North Annville School.
This photo, taken from the grounds at the North Annville Elementary School in the spring of 2006, fairly represents the view that pupils at the school have seen for the last fifty years. The only discernible change might be the high tension power lines, which were erected in the 1970s.
- One Room Schools in [Lebanon County], 3rd Edition. Compiled and edited by Wayne Anspach. Lebanon County Historical Society, Lebanon, PA, 2005.